Year 2019 HTML
CriticaLog: leading logistics partner with an iconic work environment
Inviting new logistic possibilities
CriticaLog:leading logistics partner with an iconic work environment
CriticaLog'ssuccess thrives on skilled professionals having immense industry experience,coupled with uniquely designed processes and technology, driven by customersuccess.
Logistics is the backbone of any economy; itdelivers an efficacious and cost-effective flow of goods. In India, thisindustry is progressing swiftly; it is the interplay of infrastructure, moderntechnology, and contemporary service providers through which the logisticsindustry is able to support its customers, reduce their costs and providefinest services. Unlike common belief, logistics is a highly technical subject.Availability of skilled & trained manpower is lacking in IT, transportation, warehousing and even at thestrategic level.
An initiative, CriticaLog India is a solutiondriven express logistics organization, presenting a perfect environment foremployee's learning and growth. It is headquartered at Bangalore and seedfunded by Swiss based PE. The company imbibed an open management style, and itsleadership team welcomes every team member to take part in the progress of theorganization.
CriticaLog is a pioneer in critical and sensitivelogistics. The company believes that logistics is all about precision andefficiency, process engineering and data management, relationship andinnovation.
To perceive more about CriticaLog and its workenvironment, the editorial team of Startup City had a conversation with the CEOand Managing Director of the company, Sujoy Guha.
Here are editedexcerpts.
Throwlight on CriticaLog offerings and area of expansion.
As the name suggests, we provide customizedlogistics solutions, optimizing the end-to-end SCM, considering factors likecost, timely transit and solutions to suit specific organizational needs. Oursolutions are proven with some of the top-end brands through forward, reverse,strategic stocking, IT integration and various other innovative methods.
We don't sell. Weprovide Solutions.
Characterizethe company's overall management style and the interview process.
The senior management team members are from largeMNC's and like openness, transparency, and professionalism displayed in everyaspect of the business. Our HR team is mandated to acquire the right talent foreach position, to ensure that it replicates in the company's culture andattitude. We have our stringent intake process where interviews are conductedat multiple levels to create unbiased final opinion.
- Preliminary interviews through respective functions
- Selection tests to understand functional capabilities
- Functional Head and HR interview
- Meeting CEO or COO, for final selection at mid/seniorlevels
- Background verification
Doesyour company have a stated set of cultural values for employees?
The value system of CriticaLog is based onintegrity and transparency – encompassing every activity undertaken by thecompany. With thefoundation laid on happy teammates, we believe in delivering high-qualityservices consistently with a 'Customer First' approach.
Variety in the workforce demands dynamic, versatile and adaptable workenvironment and our company is committed to providing such an environment toall its team members. Its strong code of ethics and the ability to deliverhigh-quality service drives responsibility and mutual respect among all itsemployees.
Dothe company's different departments ever collaborate with one another?
We do conduct cross-departmental inductions andtraining regularly to ensure that everyone in the organization is on the samepage. We have events like family day, regional festivals, secret Santa, fungames etc., organized at regular intervals to encourage intermingling betweenpersonnel from various departments and develop close relationships betweenthem.
CriticaLog, fromFlying Start to Present-day
- Company incorporation with seed funding from Switzerland
- Technological footprint & architecture established. In-house ERP for transportation & warehousing developed
- Associated with top-end firms for audits, taxation, legal, insurance & other compliances
- Unique solution oriented logistical services offered
- Strategic Stocking initiated as new revenue vertical
- Financial break-even point achieved
- Careful and limited entry in high end and complex e-com business
- Enhance eCritica so as to customize logistics solutions
- Continue to increase geographical spread with 100+ Clients and the team of 200+ teammates
- The company is now profitable and capable of running on own steam.
- All business development through word of mouth and reference
- Products value of INR 300+ Crore carried per month, in a secured environment
- Introduced 2 Hr/ 4 Hr delivery and complex "Repair & Return" services.
- The operational network covers 8000+ Pin codes. Strong Tier II capabilities with J&K and North-East presence
- Forward Stocking Locations (FSL) across the country to serve fast & reliable service for the end customer satisfaction
- Strong IT network across the country with CCTV, GPS, security systems etc.
- Automation drive in every sphere. 40% consignments booked through Customer Interface technology
- IATA, GDP certified; member of TAPA, WCA and trade bodies
- First Control Tower set up in Bangalore
- All India network – covering more than 14500 Pin Codes
- Recipient of multiple awards. 'Top 10 Best Start-ups in India', 'Hot Brands of 2019', '10 Most Admired Transport & Logistics Service Providers' etc.
- GST ready with registration in 16 States
- Infrastructure augmented with additional capacity across cities
- The technology used as a prime catalyst for solution building. All pick-up & deliveries through Android handsets for real-time visibility
- Recognized by Govt. TDS Dept. for timely payment of taxes
- Initiated international logistics business
Whatdoes it take for someone to be successful here?
Hard work andsmart work! As we are people and process driven organization, we expect our peopleto be proactive and bring in optimization at every level. People should beacceptable to change and adapt quickly to the changing world of digitizationwithout missing on humanization.
Howdo you help other employees find their greatness and recognise theirachievements?
Individuals are encouraged to make decisions.Errors are considered as a shared responsibility, as long as they are notrepetitive. Individual initiatives are recognized instantly, throughmonthly/quarterly programs and through annual appraisals. Individuals areencouraged to follow "Never say never" policy, which facilitates the closerelationship between the team members.
Organization'ssupport in employee's development
CriticaLog supports employees through thefollowing steps:
- Internal Job Vacancies
- Functional and behavioural training.
- Coaching and mentoring by senior team members
- Encouraging team members to attend seminars, professionalgatherings etc.
- Providing support for higher studies
We are a small team and are able to leveragesignificant efficiency due to higher deployment of technology and by bringingpassion to our work. While making our workplace happier and fun-filled, we alsomake sure every team member spends quality time in his/her personal capacity and do not get bogged down with workload.
Howdo you encourage the balance in the Office?
We focus on individual and team deliverablesrather than time spent in the office. This outlook allows us to scheduleflexibility.
What are the events and parties the company host foremployees?
- Birthday Celebrations
- Celebrations during Christmas, Holi, Diwali, and otherfestivals
- Periodic family outings – in larger locations
- A celebration of achievements – milestones,acquisition of large customers, end of training program etc.
We plan to build a sustainable national andinternational network for critical logistics while continuing to add value toall customers. Automation of processes through the incessant deployment of IT,making CriticaLog a great place to work, bringing in higher than normal returnon investments – will keep us busy in the coming years.
CEO and MD
Sujoy has more than two decades of experience inthe industry. He is an excellent business leader and with his long-standingteam, delivers superior performance consistently. With his unmatchableleadership ability and skilled management team, Sujoy drives the organizationto be the best in class, develops and nurtures talent and ensures consistentprofitability.