Forbes List of Richest Indian 2019
ForbesList of Richest Indian 2019
In the middle ofthis collapsing economy, the total wealth of top business persons on the listof richest Indians by Forbes is reduced to 8% from last year. More than 50 percent of the rich people in India saw a decline in their wealth. Even in thiseconomy, few business leaders saw a big increase in their net worth.
For the 12th timein a row, Mukesh Ambani remains at the top of the list of richest Indian 2019with a net worth of over $51 billion. Since the introduction of JIO, he addedaround $4 billion to his net worth as JIO is the largest mobile network inIndia having almost 340 million users.
This list ofrichest Indian also saw the rise of Gautam Adani as he jumped from eighthposition to the second position with a net worth of over $15.7 billion. Hestepped into a new business of data centres and after 9 odd years, he gets thepermission to start work in a coal mine in Australia.
3rd position issecured by Hinduja Brothers with a net worth of $15.6 billion while on the 4thplace is secured by Pallonji Mistry with $15 billion of net worth. With a $4billion boost to the net worth of Uday Kotak, he raised in the top 5 for thefirst time as his net worth is $14.8 billion.
Inthe list of top 100 richest Indians we saw the return of four people: –
- MofatrajMunot of Kalpataru with the net worth of $1.85 billion is at 75th position
- RajjuShroff of UPL is at 87th position with $1.69 billion
- K.Dineshand S.D Shibulal co-founders of Infosys are at 89th and 100th position with$1.61 billion and $1.4 billion respectively.
Thereare six new entries in this list: –
- Singhfamily at 41st position with $3.18 billion who inherited Alkem Laboratories
- ByjuRaveendran at 72nd place with $1.91 billion who is the founder and CEO ofed-tech unicorn Byju's
- MahendraPrasad at 81st position with $1.77 billion owner of Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- ManoharLal and Madhusudan Agarwal at 86th spot with 1.71 billion of Haldiram Snacks
- RajeshMehra at 95th place with $1.5 billion who owns sanitary ware brand Jaquar
- SandeepEngineer at 98th spot with $1.45 billion who owns Astral Poly Technik.
Azim Premji theowner of Wipro who was at the second position last year slipped to the 17th ashe gave away some of his fortune early this year.
Many businessleaders linked to the automobile and consumer goods industry has faced lossesas the auto parts maker Vivek Chaand Sehgal shares fell 61 per cent.
Top10 Rich Indians by Forbes
- MukeshAmbani; US$51.4 billion
- GautamAdani; $15.7 billion
- Hindujabrothers; $15.6 billion
- PallonjiMistry; $15 billion
- UdayKotak; $14.8 billion
- ShivNadar; $14.4 billion
- RadhakishanDamani: $14.3 billion
- Godrejfamily; $12 billion
- LakshmiMittal; $10.5 billion
- KumarBirla; $9.6 billion
The above listwas issued by Forbes India based on their shareholdings, financial informationfrom their families, stock prices and many more.
Here are the highest paid CEO's in the World