The banking sector carries high importance. It incorporates guarding finance and promotes investments. The banking and finance part of any country is considered as a treasure since the economic liberalization.
And that is why; it becomes vital to take the entire function of banking or any financial industry into consideration. After all, money is everything.
Hence, it is important to take important steps to satisfy the security and excellent functioning of the banking industry.
Here, ERP is proved as a perfect solution to ease your feet with its key modules and features with all-time availability. It mainly handles the complexity of the entire banking process with ease. Additional security makes the banking ERP software an ideal solution.
ERP plays a significant role in the banking industry; it delivers an entire spectrum of agile banking and finance solutions.
It is used in banks to encompass a wide range of small point-solutions to large-scale deployments with the integration of ERP solutions in the banking sector.
These service-enabled solutions innovative the entire banking services into a modern enterprise that adapts to accommodate upcoming business processes and expand easily.
It delivers the needed reliability and safety without any hassle and high expenses. The best part is that it does not require high investment costs as others do.
To start with, let’s go through the key operational principles of decent applications. They must be:
· Integrated: A single database and working ecosystem should include the selected core business processes regardless of the company’s complexity. Hence, ERP supports big banks to collect valuable data with simplified subsequent processing and analysis.
· Unified: Respectively, local or web ERP for the banking industry need to work smoothly with different applications. Ideally, the branch of every bank holds quick access to the global ERP solution. So local and chief managers can track the performance easily.
· Real-time: This fast-changing and modernising finance sector needs an equally fast response from institutions. In the financial crisis of 2008, banks having quick reactions can cut insane losses while sluggish ones were destroyed completely.
· Multilanguage and Multicurrency: The Multilanguage and Multicurrency part is quite valuable for transnational financial enterprises. Good solutions support various accounting and tax schemes, currencies, and language, etc.
Besides, the most traditional approach to ERP for the banking industry offers ready-made replicable solutions. And, developers prefer to create universal systems that suit miscellaneous organizations with various preferences and extensions.
Although, banks may need unique custom platforms for managing and protecting sensitive data.
The most important fact is that ERP is the way to combine all vital business processes in a single powerful system. There are a lot of advantages, so go through the most valuable ones which are perfect for banks:
Access to Data- It is enough to input information once to make it available for everyone with permission. Such data come without extra revise.
Communication- The ERP solutions involved in the banking industry connects all departments and greatly facilitates workflow.
Control and Monitoring- The banking ERP software helps people to track everything automatically. It becomes really simple to check staff performance’s current states.
Low Errors- ERP eliminates the possibility of missing transactions, forgotten accounts or technical distortions.
On par with strengths, there are always some disadvantages.
Dependence on Hardware- Stand-alone products cannot work without solid servers. Although, SaaS web ERP for the banking industry is less demanding?
Complicated System- In a bank, people have to control security and create different access levels for different employees. It may be tough for large corporations.
High Costs- And, a fully-functional ERP with a lot of modules is expensive as you have to install it and train workers.
An ERP system takes care of everything in the banking and finance industry. Here are some more benefits of using such financial management solutions:
Every banking process is integrated into the one-stop platform. Easy and fast access to all data required across the entire bank and all the departments.
All the daily activities like creating reports or filling in the data are already automated with a perfect ERP solution. It is possible to review the major KPIs on a dashboard so that the leading team can flick through it. Also, ERP is able to eliminate repetitive working processes.
ERP brings effective and smooth collaboration between colleagues from various departments. Furthermore, an ERP solution facilitates collaboration with remote teams. An offshore or near shore team will be available within a few clicks to make sure that the workflow is productive in the bank.
The ERP solution in banks offers firewalls to lower the risks of data breaches. You will get one data warehouse and access points will be easily monitored and the security level will be higher.
It is possible to restrict faster access of terminated employees. The software gives access to newly hire its outsoles. The ERP software allows detecting unauthorized activities as all banking activities will be available to the admin.
An ERP system effectively supports you save on operational costs and cut down the budget. All processes are streamlined and monitored; hence the eventual breakdowns will be prevented. ERP solutions address any issues that will be easier and faster.
The banking industry has to deal with day-to-day life and comply with different industry rules and regulations. ERP software covers regulatory standards and reports on compliance to support banks tackles these needs with ease.
Because of its rising popularity, ERP software applications are being offered by different vendors in quite a competitively charged market. Here is a list of 10 famous ERP Systems used in the banking industry for several different purposes;
1. SAP: SAP is a market leader for financial accounting, ERP and CRM solutions. It is widely used by top-tier banks that effectively mean only those institutions that can afford the cost of implementing like a high profile software system.
2. Cashbook: Known as a multi-site, multi-currency, multi-lingual solution, Cashbook is a helpful application that assists finance departments to perform daily tasks, thus reducing operational time and boosting productivity.
This is also a vital part of many companies that are looking to implement an effective Corporate Governance Policy.
3. CoBIS Microfinance Software: One of the famous ERP systems in the Banking Industry, CoBIS Microfinance Software takes care of various banking needs. It manages micro-banking & SACCO operations. It also supports manage savings, loans, term deposits, and shares.
4. Corniche: Corniche is specially designed for the management of private banks, offshore banks and other financial institutions involved in loans and payments.
The solution offers multiple currency accounting, a back-office interface, merchant services, card services, payment interfaces, and online banking facilities.
5. LeaseWave Suite: An end-to-end browser-based lease and loan management system LeaseWave Suites aims to support the entire lifecycle of leases, loans, and assets.
The solution comprises of both front-end and back-end functionality and supports in streamlines integration and interaction between all potential parties in the leasing process. It covers lasses, brokers, funding sources, and vendors.
6. Moneyman: Moneyman is cash management software for small and medium businesses either through brokers/agents or directors. This ERP is considered as a highly efficient for Church Development Funds.
7. Oracle EBS: One of the most widely used ERP systems in the banking industry; Oracle EBS is another famous name for ERP solutions. Oracle EBS and SAP dominate the market share with their highly process-oriented and secure application flows.
8. zeb.control: zeb.control is product range; it provides the technical supports for managing and processes a variety of tasks. It includes financial controlling, risk measurement, value management, monitoring, and accounting.
There are many more such amazing ERP solutions out there, waiting to be customized to your specific banking needs, and making you a leader in the banking industry.
We hope you find the article interesting and informative. To read such more contents, often visit Startup City Website.