Try these Delicious and Super Healthy Foods to Stay Healthy in September
Try these Delicious and Super Healthy Foods to Stay Healthy inSeptember
Groceryshopping is not everyone's cup of tea. But when you are not aware of what tobuy when you get there, it becomes even tougher and time-consuming. Here,buying seasonal foods is a healthy and perfect way to approach to groceryshopping. Now, we are in September month, Start-up City will let you know whichseasonal foods are the best for you to stay healthy and make your shoppingconvenient.
Septemberis a month of transition when days are like summer, and nights are like theweather. September marks the end of summer barriers, but there are a lot ofother fruits like apples, grapes, figs, pears, and plums.
Toget the best what September has to offer, check out our top food products picksthat are both delicious and super healthy?
- Apple:Apple is a sweet, crunchy fruit packed with antioxidants that support inpreventing chronic illness and slow aging.
- Beets:Beets are available year-round, but they are at their best during this month. Theyare very effective in increasing blood flow to the brain and potentiallyreduces the risk of dementia.
- Brusselssprouts and Cabbage: Brussels sprouts and cabbageare packed with vitamins A and C, and they boast high concentrations ofcancer-fighting glucosinolates.
- Pomegranates:Pomegranates holds such compounds that reduce the risk of cardiovascularcomplications like heart attacks. Many studies show that it also helps inpreventing breast and colon cancers.
- SweetPotatoes: These orange beauties get the best flavourduring this month, their peak season. They are rich in beta-carotene thatprevents deficiencies, promote healthy eyesight and generate rationalproduction.
- Fig:Fig is a part of the mulberry tree and comes in the different varieties. Theyare very high in fiber and potassium and work great with blood pressure andweight management. You can take it in breakfast like yogurt and oatmeal.
- Peppers:Peppers are considered as an excellent source of vitamin C. They are indifferent colours, while yellow bell peppers hold triple the vitamin C of naveloranges. With hot and spicy verities, one can also get a slight boost inmetabolism.
- Cauliflower:Cauliflower is perfectly packed with cancer-fighting compounds. They are thebest source of Vitamin C and folate. If you wish to cut carbs and calories,swap mashed potatoes for mashed cauliflower.
Thereis still an abundance of produce from our gardens, farmers markets and produceaisles at their prime.
• Butternut squash
• Sweet corn
FromSeptember to November, the autumn harvest carries a wide range of healthful anddelicious produce, from sweet potatoes to squash and apple, take the varietyand enjoy a happy and healthy life.